Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd Personal Data Protection Policy
This is the Personal Data Protection Policy of Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd. In accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of the Republic of Singapore (the “PDPA”), this Policy sets out how Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd manages, collects, uses and discloses Personal Data belonging to you. This Policy also sets out the purposes for which Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd collects, uses and discloses such Personal Data.
Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd business activity
Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd is a third party logistics service provider. We carry out deliveries for our eCommerce partners to individuals online/offline customers who have purchased products from our partners.
This policy cover the following personal data
This Policy deals with the following Personal Data belonging to you and other Individual Recipients:
- Name (including first and last);
- Delivery Address (including residential and workplace);
- Email Address;
- Telephone Number;
- Information concerning the products purchased (including product description, quantity and billing information); and
- Any other information that may be reasonably required to facilitate the delivery of products to you and other Individual Recipients.
Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd source of receiving personal data
As Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd is a third party logistics service provider, personal data of individual customers are obtained from our partners who have engaged our services.
Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd may also, from time to time, contact you by email, over the phone or in person, to request for additional information that is reasonably required to facilitate the delivery of products to you. In such cases, by providing any Personal Data directly to Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd, you shall be deemed to have consented to the terms of this Policy, including the purposes set out in this Policy for which Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data.
Requirements from our partners(shipper)
For every Shipper that engages Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd’s services and, in the process of such engagement, provides Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd with Personal Data belonging to you and other Individual Recipients, Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd requires a warranty from the Shipper that the Shipper acts in full compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of the Republic of Singapore.
Specifically, Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd highlights the following that is required of Shippers before providing Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd with any Personal Data:
- Obtain the consent of the Individual Recipient before collecting, using or disclosing his/her Personal Data;
- Notify the Individual Recipient that his/her Personal Data will be used by a third party logistics provider, such as Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd, for the purpose of delivering products from the Shipper to the Individual Recipient; and
- Ensure that Personal Data collected is accurate and complete so as to facilitate timely and successful deliveries for the benefit of the Individual Recipient
Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd usage of personal data
Last Mile Delivery use your Personal Data for the purposes of serving you, ensuring timely and successful deliveries to you, and improving our service quality to you. This includes, where applicable:
- Managing the administrative and business operations of Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- Performance of your delivery service;
- Tracking and analytics of your delivery;
- Notifying you regarding the status of your order or delivery and updating you on the progress of the same;
- Contacting you for feedback after or during delivery;
- Responding to and handling your queries and requests;
- Conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud;
- Resolving complaints, problems or disputes;
- Facilitating any correspondence between the Shipper and you;
- Monitoring or recording phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation;
- Providing media announcements and responses;
- Conducting research and analytics to enable us to better understand your location, preferences, demographic, and to improve our service delivery and your customer experience at our respective touchpoints;
- Processing any insurance claims and payments that may arise under Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd’s policies;
- Legal purposes (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and dispute resolution);
- Accounting, risk management, compliance and record keeping purposes;
- Meeting or complying with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd; and
- Purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
When using your Personal Data for the above purposes, we may contact you via regular mail,e-mail, SMS, telephone or any other electronic means.
Last Mile Delivery protection of personal data from unauthorized disclosure
At Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd, we employ reasonable steps to protect individual’s Personal Data against unauthorized Disclosure. We do not disclose your Personal Data to third parties except when required by law or to the following for the same purposes listed in the preceding section:
Our subsidiaries, affiliates and employees to provide and fulfill our services and obligations to you;
Our agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services and support so as to assist in the fulfillment and performance of our services and obligations to you;
Our consultants and professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors and bookkeepers;
Relevant regulatory bodies, statutory boards or law enforcement agencies in compliance with applicable law; and
Any other party to whom you have provided your consent for such disclosure.
In the event your Personal Data is disclosed to third parties as per the above, Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd will ensure that these third parties conform to this Policy, the PDPA and confidentiality requirements.
In addition, Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd implements strict standards of security across our operations to prevent any leakage, loss, damage, or unauthorized copying of your Personal Data in our systems.
As we can only ensure absolute data protection with your help, we invite you to contact our Data Protection Officer at any time should you have any concerns, queries or feedback regarding our use, management and protection of your Personal Data. We would love to hear from you should you wish to:
- Access your Personal Data in our systems;
- Amend, correct or edit your Personal Data in our systems;
- Withdraw consent to our use of your Personal Data;
- Report an unauthorized use of your Personal Data by any of our employees, agents or contractors;
- Provide feedback on Shippers providing your Personal Data without consent; or
- Voice out any other concerns and questions regarding your Personal Data.
You may contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within 48 hours.
Changes to this policy
Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd reserves the right to amend this Policy from time to time, in accordance with the prevailing law. The amended Policy shall at all times be available on our website.
Last Mile Delivery Pte Ltd’s Personal Data Protection Policy is governed by the laws of Singapore and any dispute relating to this Policy shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.